Monday, December 19, 2016

2016 Wrap Up: A Year in Books

Screen shot taken before finishing book #63
2016 was my first full year out of college where my reading has not been restricted by school work and as a result I went a little berserk in my reading (and buying) of books to make up for lost time. I set my Goodreads goal to 50 and cleared it by a long shot (I'm hoping to add to the margin in these last couple of weeks!) I did not however follow any sort of plan or guidelines except for going on a bit of an Agatha Christie binge. Basically, I  read whatever I felt like and the results were interesting. Here is the breakdown of the books I read in 2016 (as of 12/19/2016):

Total Books read: 63
Total Pages: 18,461

Longest book: The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
Shortest book: We Should all be Feminists by














 As the new year approaches and I plan my New Years bookish resolutions, I was thinking about structuring my reading with more thought, including joining a crime-fiction book club, and attempting to complete 3 different bookish challenges. More to come on my bookish resolutions! But in the mean time, do you make reading resolutions? Do you go with the flow or follow a TBR list?

No comments:

Post a Comment