Friday, April 14, 2017

Rizzoli Bookstore

Here is another #NYCBookstore! I was on my way to meet a friend for coffee when I walked past Rizzoli Bookstore this beautiful and historic bookstore that has been on my 'to visit' list forever. Since I was a couple minutes early, of course I had to take a look around!

so shiny...


The tag line on their website is "The Most Beautiful Bookstore in NYC" and it's kind of hard to disagree. This bookstore is located on the border of Flatiron and NOMAD and walking through its shiny glass doors takes you back into a bygone glamorous era. The walls boast pastel murals and the floors are checkers black and white tiles but it is the book shelves that are the crowning glory. The store is lined with tall bookshelves made of dark polished wood with the genres embossed in them with curly gold lettering.

The price tags match the look and most books are full-prices hard backs, new releases or more obscure academic tomes. The store specializes in illustrated volumes and they also have a substantial art book, cook book and travel section. While I might not make this my regular bookstore (there are other places that are easier on the wallet) this bookstore is worth going to just for the glamour alone and for the many awesome events they host in their spacious and light filled back room. Go check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment