Friday, April 28, 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon TBR and Prep!

I am so excited! This will be my first time participating in the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon! If you are not familiar with this read-a-thon, it is pretty much what it sounds like: a 24 hour span to read as much as you can! It is hosted on the official website as well as on other social media platforms like GoodreadsTwitterIG and Litsy, and Facebook just look for #readathon. It takes place during the same 24 hours around the world so different countries have different starting times and there are prizes, challenges and sprints to keep everyone excited!

Basically it is a frenzy of book nerd awesomeness! This year my schedule is clear to participate and I am very excited to start! As a first timer/type A book nerd, I felt the need to make some preparations beforehand.


TBR
 I've compiled a pile of books I want to read during the read-a-thon. Well, not quite a TBR since I don't expect to get through all of them, but rather I want to have a 'pool' of pre-selected books to choose from during the read-a-thon. All of these books are fairly short from <100 - 300 and include fiction, non-fiction, essays and graphic novels although the majority are mysteries because that's how I roll.
Can't wait to dive in!



FOOD
Food is probably my second favorite thing after books and I'll need both to get through this read-a-thon. Luckily  my supportive and bookish significant other has promised to cheer me on through this challenge and supply me with comestibles but snacks are a must when you feel your focus lagging so I picked up these goodies:

Nom nom nom!



CLOTHING
If I could get through life never wearing pants I probably would. The next best alternative however are leggings and a baggy sweatshirt and fuzzy socks. Always fuzzy socks.

Gettin' comfy!


SOCIAL MEDIA
This will probably be a double edged sword! Connecting with people who are also participating will be great motivation to keep going. At the same time, I'll have to resist the temptation to check Facebook and IG constantly. The platforms/pages I will be using throughout the read-a-thon are


Litsy (@NYCBookOwl)



This page!

~
Happy reading everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment